Discover Kingscourt, Co. Cavan: Your Ultimate Neighbourhood Guide
Are you considering a move to Kingscourt, Co. Cavan, or perhaps you have already settled in and want to explore your new neighbourhood further? Either way, you are in the right place! Kingscourt is a vibrant town in north-east of Co. Cavan with a lot to offer. In this neighbourhood guide, we will take you on a tour of Kingscourt’s lively community, cafes & social scenes, exciting activities, and educational opportunities
Community: A Warm Welcome Awaits
Kingscourt is renowned for its welcoming community, where neighbours become friends and newcomers are embraced with open arms. The town’s friendly atmosphere makes it an ideal place to raise a family or start a new chapter of your life. The sense of belonging here is real, and you will quickly find yourself immersed in local events. Whether it is St Patricks Day, carols at Christmas time, or football finals the community always celebrate together.
- Local Events: Kingscourt hosts a variety of events throughout the year, from community gatherings to sporting events, ensuring there is always something exciting happening in town.
- Sports and Recreation: For sports enthusiasts, Kingscourt offers opportunities to join local clubs for soccer (Kingscourt Harps AFC), GAA (Kingscourt Stars), or the Kingscourt handball club. There is something for everyone to stay active and involved. The town also benefits from a fully equipped gym in the form of Gym An Ri, just off the main street.
- Health Services: You will have access to quality healthcare with local clinics, ensuring you and your family are well taken care of.
Dine & Drink: Culinary Delights Await
Whether you are a foodie or just someone who loves good eats, Kingscourt’s dining and social scene has something for every palate. From the traditional Irish breakfast to food delivered to your door, you will find a wide array of options to explore.
- Pubs and Bars: Enjoy a pint of Guinness and the warm Irish hospitality in Kingscourt’s traditional (and modern) pubs. Gartlan’s, Malone’s and Murtagh’s are just a few of the perfect places to unwind after a long day.
- Cafes & Restaurants: For a cozy atmosphere and a cup of coffee, Kingscourt and its surrounding areas has a selection of charming cafes. Pop into Church Street Café or Delicious where you can relax, chat, or catch up on some work. On the edge of town is Cabra Castle too, perfect for a relaxing drink or lunch or just somewhere to chill out in beautiful surroundings.
Activities: Fun for All Ages
Kingscourt town is bustling with activities and attractions for residents of all ages.
Dún Na Rí Forest Park is a haven for nature enthusiasts, with walking trails, picnic spots, and a serene rivers & streams. Make sure to get yourself a post stroll coffee & treat at Wild Oak too. Want to catch some stunning views of the sun setting? Head up to Lough An Leagh mountain to see the magic happen!
Kingscourt Play Centre is the ultimate playground for the kids, providing endless hours of fun and laughs. Make sure to take a visit to SuperValu afterwords for a well-earned treat!
A huge bonus is the Boyne Valley to Lakelands County Greenway, soon to be completed which will link Kingscourt the whole way to Navan. Cycling, running, walking in the rolling countryside is just around the corner.
Education: A Bright Future for Your Children
Families moving to Kingscourt can be confident that their children will receive a quality education. The town boasts a range of educational facilities, including:
- Primary Schools: Kingscourt offers two primary schools—St Joesph’s National School & Cabra Central Primary School—ensuring your child’s educational needs are met.
- Secondary School: For older students, the town is home to the reputable secondary school, Colaiste Dun Na Ri, that prepare students for higher education and future success.
- Further Education: If you are interested in pursuing adult education or training, Kingscourt provides access to nearby institutions such as Cavan Institute or Dundalk Institute of Technology, making it convenient to enhance your skills or explore new interests.
Accessibility: Connecting You to the World
Kingscourt is accessible to all major towns and the capital city. Commercial bus operators (Sillan Tours) run daily, several times a day as does Bus Eireann—meaning you are never too far from the action.
Kingscourt is a delightful place to call home. It’s warm and welcoming community, fun-filled activities, and quality education opportunities make it an attractive choice for residents of all ages. Whether you are considering a move to Kingscourt or already live there, the town’s charm and vitality are sure to win your heart. Welcome to Kingscourt, where a fulfilling and exciting life awaits you!