Getting ready to sell your property and don’t know where to begin? This list of basic tips should get you off to a good start.
First impressions count.
That is as true for your home as much as it is for everything else in life.
A decluttered, light-filled home enhances the quality of photographs and videos, and gives your home better prospects at viewings.
Follow these simple steps, and enhance your home’s appeal as well as its value:
For Photographs & videos
- Declutter – less is more.
- Put away personal belongings.
- Clean & dust.
- Let in light:
- Leave blinds and curtains open.
- Change broken light bulbs.
- Fill cracks in walls and freshen up with a some neutral paint.
- Put down toilet seats.
- Move car off the drive.
- Mow the lawn.
- Clean out gutters.
- Keep house clean and tidy, remove any personal items but don’t completely depersonalise. Allow the potential buyer to see how you’ve made the house a home.
- Open all doors for a good sense of space
- During evening viewings, turn on all lights
- Open windows and light candles to minimise any odours
- Turn on heating or light the fire to create a cosy, warm feel.
- Mow the lawn and sweep up leaves. The exterior is the initial point of sale, so it is just as important as the inside.
Once your property is ready, the marketing stage of the sales process can commence.